Friday, April 27, 2012

Abe Lincoln vampire hunter!


Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith



Say what? Go ahead and laugh at the title. But then do yourself a favor and read the book. I must admit that the only reason I even decided to read this book was because I saw that it was being made into a movie.

The book was quirky enough to be incredibly interesting but serious enough (without being over the top!) to scare the crap out of you if you were reading alone at night time. One thing that surprised me about this book is that it is a serious horror/historical mash-up. It is not written in a way that is campy or silly, it is written as if Lincoln really did hunt vampires. That made the book fun to read. Anyone who loves Abe Lincoln and wants to know more about him (which should be every American, in my opinion) should read this book. It is a fun way to learn more about one of the greatest men to ever live! 

Come on, I know you want to!

No comments: