Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Falling away


The Falling Away by T.L. Hines

Run, do not walk away from this book! Captured by the back cover synopsis promising supernatural suspense, well-crafted characters, spiritual insights, and etc., I checked the book out. My mistake.

For the next 3 days I struggled through the book. Now for someone who generally finishes a book in one evening, this says volumes. The book was confusing. I have read a number of books in the supernatural suspense genre and this did not deliver. The book jumped around and the thread was hard to follow.

The allegory of a virus to describe how demonic activity infiltrates humankind was poorly developed. The scriptural references seemed misleading. In addition, the subject of cutting oneself to relieve anxiety seemed acceptable. Would I recommend it? No. Would I discourage people from recommending it? Yes.

Kathy Stutzman
Public Relations Manager

No comments: